Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I appeal a decision or request a variance or special exception?

A. Submit Application Form, Adjoining Property Owner Form, and other necessary documents to to Angie Fraiser by email at afraiser@cityofwetumpka.com or in person at 408 South Main Street, Wetumpka, AL 36092. Neccessary documents may include Authorization to Act as Applicant, proof of ownership interest, and site plan or building plans, as appropriate. Standards for site plans may be found in Section 93.0 of the Zoning Ordinance.

Q. How can I find out who owns a certain property?

A. Contact the Office of the Revenue Commissioner of Elmore County, Alabama for the most up-to-date ownership information.

Q. How do I find out how a property is zoned?

A. We encourage everyone to visit our online zoning map first. If you have trouble locating the property or have additional questions about the zoning designation, call or visit the Building Department.

Q. How long does this process take?

A. Due to notice requirements, this process will take at least 30 days.

Q. Are there any fees?

A. At this time, only the cost of postage of providing notice to adjoining property owners is invoiced to applicants.